Monday, September 14, 2009

And You Will Hold My Heart Inside Your Hand

Oh, we've got a long, long way to go
To get there
We'll get there
But oh, if there's one thing that we know
It's that we will not grow old

We Will Not Grow Old - Lenka

IMG_3174
My last update was kinda weird, wasn't it? Hahaha. Of all things, complaining about the length of time my flatmate spent in our bathroom. I think he might be thinking the same thing every time I'm in the bathroom, since I seem to spend ages in there as well (gotta love hot showers and nice-smelling bodywash).

Anyway, I've been sick for the past few days, and I put it down to being caught in the rain a lot. The weather here is very weird, and erratic (not erotic, though that would be pretty interesting, I believe). On Thursday, I got caught in the rain a fair few times, on the way to Uni, and on the way back. On Friday, it was wet and windy in the city. Cue headaches, fever and colds.

It's like the sun is playing peek-a-boo with us, coming out when it wants to, and at other times spitting/pissing on us. If it's a fine light misty drizzle, then it's sneezing. Then there's the wind. It's like walking in a wind tunnel at times. Thank god I have a pretty aerodynamic shape, meaning I can just cut through the wind with relative ease, compared to someone who is built like a truck. Speaking of which, I think I wanna keep my hair long this time, so that when the wind blows, my hair can blow about in the wind. I like the feeling too, of wind going through my hair.

So yeah, I've been pretty sick. But it fluctuates. It's like, I get this sudden headache that feels like a 10-tonne truck just rammed straight into my head and simultaneously exploding whilst a high-pitched whine is playing in the background, just loud enough to annoy the shit out of me. Then after about 5 minutes I'm alright again. Bah. Today I kinda felt worse and yet, better.

Woke up today, after having one of the most restless sleep sessions in my life, feeling like the world was spinning. Whoa! But the rest of the day passed with nothing real interesting happening, save for me taking a nap at about 5 and waking up at 7.30, feeling better. Made myself some sausage, egg and toast (oh my, Eman, making a full fledged breakfast, for dinner?).

Then I headed to Nawar's to collect some chicken (and she served me green tea, thank you very much), and made my way to Caryn's for tea (yet again, but how can I resist?), which made me feel better. Or perhaps it was the walk to and from Nawar's, the exposure to the bone-chilling ball-shrinking hair-standing pee-freezing cold waking me up beyond belief.

And now I'm awake. Because I woke up. Duh. Another restless sleep. Fixed myself a cup of soup, and I can just feel the drowsiness begin again. Tomorrow, I hope, I will be fixed, and that should mark the beginning of a very good week, with a significant date coming up. Ah, hmmmm.


It's been quite of a while since I could experience your brightness.
Now you've got a brighter smile and I think I'm going to like it.

Pogo (Shinichi Osawa Remix) - Digitalism

Labels: ,