Friday, July 24, 2009

Crawling Up The Walls, Like A Cat In Heat

And I fell, and I fell
All the way to the bottom
Of the well, of the well
Like those soft little secrets
That you tell, that you tell
To yourself, when you think
No one's listening to, well

Wishing Well - The Airborne Toxic Event
2567234656_4fdfedb252
One week till lift-off, and I've got to say Malaysia has been very fun. I've gone out more times than I can count, I've met up with loads of great people, attended awesome events and enjoyed myself very much.

The other day someone told me, very seriously, (like "I'll beat the shit out of you if you don't pay attention, so pay attention. Or I'll beat the shit out of you. Cos if you don't pay attention, then I'll beat the shit out of you. Don't make me beat the shit out of you. You don't want me to beat the shit out of you" seriously), that some people were worried about me, because I used to be pretty sharp and on the ball, in their terms, and now I'm less than that. I'm not my usual sarcastic-nasty-sharp-bitchy-witty-quick-to-retort self now, and I know they're right.

I blame it on the lack of mental challenges I've been facing. Yeah, I still read, I still try to practice my English, and whatnot lah! But it's not enough, I guess. The times when I felt like, my mind was actually working was when I had to photograph a few events, where I had to be on my toes. Aside from that, I find my mind rotting. Ack! I can't even come up with quick retorts when challenged, oh my god. I resort to lame and witless jokes nowdays, which is a bitch, because I know I'm better than that.

Even uni challenges aren't the same, being less challenging, or a different kind of challenging, compared to what work had in store for me. Could be the course, could be me, could be my approach to things in uni, but I find it not as mentally challenging as I'd imagine, or would prefer. They do little to nothing to hone my wit.

DSC00001

Blue is a nice colour, but green is better. Grass is green, nuff said.

Labels: ,