Sunday, March 23, 2008

They Sing Songs That Help Me

In these times of despair, I've taken to listening to songs by The Beatles, and Damien Rice. Songs that bring back memories, and songs that just are soothing to me.

The Beatles - for their melody and mostly happy music.
Damien Rice - for his deep, thoughtful, meaningful lyrics.

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

Help! - The Beatles

Oh I know that I left you in places of despair
Oh I know that I love you, so please throw down your hair
At night I trip without you, and hope that I don't wake up
'Cause waking up without you is like drinking from an empty cup

The Animals Were Gone - Damien Rice

I start work tomorrow.
Manchester United play Liverpool tonight.
I'm a jumble of emotions right now.
Hmmm Hey Ho.

Hahahaha. Nah, I'm fine. I finished another book today. I think I'm going to be on a book binge soon. And I've been sleeping early a lot, for some strange reason. Maybe it's the lack of anything to do at night now. Oh, the tragedy.

Going to Taman Tun again tonight, hanging with the Ninjas. Guess a few of you saw that side of me already. Hahaha.

Our presence is inevitable! Haiiiyakkkkkk!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wish me luck for tomorrow!

:)

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be - The Beatles
I cover my eyes, still all I see is you - Damien Rice

Labels: ,