Friday, March 21, 2008

But I'm Flying So High, High Off the Ground, When You're Around

You can't know, oh no
You can't know
How much I think about you, no
It's making my head spin
Looking at you
And you are looking at me
And we both know what we want
Hmmm, so close to giving in

Flying High - Jem

I finished a couple of books recently, and in them there was death and love and friendship and, well, basically what a good teen-adult novel would probably have. I haven't been avidly reading, thanks to my college life, and the fact that I haven't bought a book in a while. Plus I have always been skeptical to try out my sister's books. But I tried a couple out the other day, and they were good. So yeah, here's to reading more and more!

My dad got us a little surprise when he came back from the United States the other day. Well, not exactly surprise, per se, since I asked for it, but I was glad that he got one for me, as well as for himself and my sister.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really LOVE my dad. And no, it's just not because I'm materialistic (though that's part of it. He he he)



So I've been away to Langkawi right after my finals, hence the lack of updates, up until now. Then, the past few days were spent cherishing and making a few things memorable, to me at least, because, well, I'm a sentimental sop in that way.

I'm learning to cope. To live without being able to call you out any other time. Bit by bit, I'm sure I can do it. But it's particularly hard for me because I've had no one I've held so close in my life go off somewhere for so long. I never did get too attached to any of my highschool friends, afraid that this would happen (I think I've told you this before). College was somehow like that too, though I guess in the end, it was bound to happen to someone.

I'm glad it was you.

Photobucket

But but but, I'm not going to get all emo and cry myself to sleep. I'm not going to slap on a punani face (Bet you'd have liked that, eh? Hahaha) and walk around all sad and dejected. On the contrary, I'll try get on with life as I've always done.

And the world spins madly on, eh? :)


Oh, Arthur, thanks for listening to my crap, and also talking to me. You cleared up a few things that I thought I didn't need to know, and now that I know, I'm not sure if I'm glad I asked, if it did me any good to know, but thanks anyway. (Did that make sense?) Hahaha. Gosh I feel weird, thinking back on how I acted and what I said and asked, though I think I'm just over-thinking stuff. But thanks, again.

Jas, thanks for caring. For continually asking if I was alright. For putting up with my see-saw attitude, back in Langkawi, back then, and also that night.

Anyway, Langkawi! Ahhh what a trip that was. It passed by all too quickly, but it left huge imprints in my mind. The company, without a doubt, was excellent. Adele, Div, Kash, Tsu, Jovie, Arthur, Jas, Jeaney, and last, but sure as hell not least, Miss Melissa Chen.

You people were wonderfully larger than lifesize, wondersome. Thanks for the memories.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now before I quote any more songs, I'll get on with the pictures. I'll post my share up, and credit you guys la kan, and for the rest of them, I'll link the respective blogs where you can find the other pictures.

*Some of the photo sizes and colours are different, because of the format they were shot in. Um, yeah.

**Most, if not all of the photos are from my camera, so that's why I'm not in them. The names at the pics just show who took the picture.

***There's going to be tonnes of photos. So yeah, let them load. Sorry to those on dial-up (do they still exist? o.O)



When we got there, we drove around to get a feel for the island (plus we couldn't check in as it was still too early), and we ended up at this beach and had a little photo-session.

The only guys in the group, and we were acting, well, very much unlike guys. And the girls, were, well, girls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then took the cable-car up, and it was a pretty cool experience. And fuyoh Mel faced her.. er.. fear of heights. Lain kali boleh naik lagi, kan? Hahahaha.

The view from up there was pretty awesome, but somehow my photos didn't turn out right. I really need to send in my kit for a good repair. There was even this hugeeee bridge that was high up. Creepy and cool at the same time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also went for some island hopping. It was fun, and great photo ops just kept on coming. Passed by Pulau Dayang Bunting (Which looks like the namesake, right down to the perky boobies). Oh, and it's where I also made a fool of myself and floundered like a fish out of water when I went into the damn lake. Who'd have thought that lack of floor would me me not able to think straight. Hahahah. Fuish, well at least I know I won't jump into the water to save anyone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then there was the eagle feeding. I actually thought that we'd go down and feed eagles, but apparently the boat fella will just toss a few pieces of chicken into the water and we'd get to watch the eagles come down and snap them up. Not that bad, I guess.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What's Langkawi without just lying at the beach? Hmm well I didn't do it that much, since I still want to be visible at night, but a few of the others did. We had the beach to ourselves, sort of, for most of the day. It was a huge stretch, and it was near perfect.

Mel and Jas, where would I be without you two.

Photobucket

Actually, it's the three of you. Oh gosh. Hahaha

Photobucket

And so, at the beach, with a camera, some people tend to go crazy. Specially the guy who usually takes pictures.

Photobucket

But I wasn't alone, fuh. Thank god.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And there were the posing-posing shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then there were the sunsets. They were awesome, save for the fact that I can't get a picture of the sun hitting the water. Argh, damn!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




And here's the rest of the shots. Randomness, stupidness, and pure memory-making material.

One-Two-Three-Four-Five! One of the gayest thing I've ever done wtf. Hahaha.
Me and the beruang man!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was some beach volleyball.

Photobucket

There were some interesting scenes going round as well. Hmmmmm

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was Adele.

Photobucket

There was Divya.

Photobucket

There was Jasmine.

Photobucket

And there was.. well.. you?
Haha. I'll keep this face, beb. Ku tidak akan emo.

Photobucket

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

The Scientist - Coldplay



So yeah, that's about it for Langkawi, and whatnot.

I'm sorry if I didn't put up some of you guys punya pictures, but I leave them up to you. I try to put up only mine, so that others have a chance to post up theirs.

Um, I'll update links for more pictures. Others haven't really updated their blogs yet.




And so it is. :)



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,